[Owncloud] Revolutionizing the help system (yes, that's exaggerated)

Sam Tuke samtuke at owncloud.com
Mon Nov 19 18:57:52 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 30 Oct 2012 19:04:38 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> There is one more thing I want to mention.
> This plan only works obviously if everybody helps to build a great
> documentation at:
> https://github.com/owncloud/documentation/tree/master/user_manual

We should make sure that developer documentation makes clear that writing
manual pages for users is important. This should be flagged on anything related
to writing new apps, or adding them to the app store etc., in my view.

Writing user docs can be fun, but it's also often the last thing we think
about when releasing new features, so plenty of reminders can help with this.

We could also consider a book writing sprint if that is necessary. Extensive
manuals have been written in a short time using good tools and facilitation, à
la flossmanuals.org.

Best,

Sam.