[Owncloud] updater.php error: Access to undeclared static property: OC::$APPSROOT

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sat Nov 17 05:09:50 UTC 2012

On Saturday 17 November 2012 01:10 chymian wrote:
> /* offtopic */
> what lead to my relatively uncalm mood was:
> after I realized, that thunderbird is not updating subscribed imap feeds
> as it should, and sogo in combination with IOS 4.2 is deleting adr-cards
> totally unmotivated and out of the blue, I gave KDEPIM a try again, this
> time trying to connect it to owncloud, instead of sogo. KDE works with
> KDE – was the idea (despite all the 4.x story, users had to swallow).
> but since kontact is still on 4.4 within debian – due to a major bug,
> which the debian-pack.team found

4.4 - seriously? I often praise the Debian packagers for their conservatism,
but that is just plain silly. If they found a bug after 4.4 they could maybe
try to skip a version. This sounds like "The bus didn't arrive at 4.50, so I
will not take another bus until it arrives at exactly 4.50!!!"

> – it failed miserably to connect to any
> of both card-/cal-dav server (sogo & OC).

SoGo connector fails miserably at most things it seems to me.
I have no idea if it's related to sogo server?

> than updating OC ruined the
> installation..., well, one of these days in an admin's daily life – I think.
> sorry again for being rude.

Maybe it's a hereditary thing ;) - we had a rough 4.0 release just as KDE, but
I think both projects are heading the right way now.

> /* end of story */
>
> thx for your patience and all your work :)
> günter

And thanks for yours. F/LOSS dev is a passion so emotions are involved and
allowed :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus