[Owncloud] updater.php error: Access to undeclared static property: OC::$APPSROOT

chymian chymian at gmx.net
Sat Nov 17 00:10:59 UTC 2012

hi,
Am 15.11.2012 16:57, schrieb Victor Dubiniuk:
> Hi,
>
> at the first place many thanks for your feedback.
>

>     If users are getting angry it is not a good sign, but people need to
>     test it first.
>     Even debian quality software needs testing on a test machine or a
>     test environment before you run an upgrade.
>     running a upgrade over an installation without testing could get you
>     in trouble.
>
> /* Offtopic */
> I had been installing a network printer yesterday and decided to give
> hplip a try. This morning I found that I have no WebGL acceleration
> anymore and unable to start VirtualBox and some other applications.
> I was cool as a stone while troubleshooting it and adding my user back
> to the groups he had had before. As the installer left only those
> required to manage printing. :)
> /*  End of Offtopic */

/* offtopic */
what lead to my relatively uncalm mood was:
after I realized, that thunderbird is not updating subscribed imap feeds
as it should, and sogo in combination with IOS 4.2 is deleting adr-cards
totally unmotivated and out of the blue, I gave KDEPIM a try again, this
time trying to connect it to owncloud, instead of sogo. KDE works with
KDE – was the idea (despite all the 4.x story, users had to swallow).
but since kontact is still on 4.4 within debian – due to a major bug,
which the debian-pack.team found – it failed miserably to connect to any
of both card-/cal-dav server (sogo & OC). than updating OC ruined the
installation..., well, one of these days in an admin's daily life – I think.
sorry again for being rude.
/* end of story */

thx for your patience and all your work :)
günter