[Owncloud] State of ownCloud apps

Ken.Neiser ken.neiser at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:12:25 UTC 2012

I have watched a lot of emails over the last few days on this subject
and have noticed a lot of suggestions of embedding other applications
(roundCube) in to ownCloud. I think this is a good idea from the stand
point of using ownCloud as a software delivery platform for other
applications (in the future) as plug-ins and optional choice as required.

However, give the above, it is extremely important that ownCloud has
its' own internal native supported applications (webmail) tuned for
ownCloud rather than having dependencies on other applications. The
native applications don't have to be fancy, just good enough to handle
the "best practive" functions a user would need.