[Owncloud] State of ownCloud apps

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Mon Nov 5 13:55:16 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Monday 05 November 2012 14:42:55 Thomas Müller wrote:
> And that's why we shall continue to build up all these apps and enhance
> them!

Sure, I didn't mean to imply that we should stop working on them. I was just
pointing to some software that already does the job very well. Collaboration
can benefit both communities.

So for example, the existing professional solutions could be integrated in
ownCloud (the roundcube plugins also support database backend) or we could
have two sets of apps for Groupware functionality: Simple apps for webhosters
or professional apps for ownCloud installations that also have access to an
IMAP server and potentially other system services.

> @Torsten:
> This statement is not against your project - only pro ownCloud! ;-)
> It'll for sure be a great benefit for us all to integrate ownCloud into
> kolab.

I fully agree! :)

Regards,
Torsten