[Owncloud] Clearing the LDAP cache?

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Fri Nov 2 08:40:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:09:17 PM Benjamin Arntzen wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm trying to evaluate OwnCloud in a large-ish corporate environment,
> and I'm running into issues where it only shows a small portion of our
> users (around 1000-10,000 depending on which groups/users you wish to
> show). I've been unable to find documentation related to using LDAP in
> OwnCloud at scale, so I had a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Does OwnCloud use paged queries if your query's result exceeds the
> server-side limit? (searching, for example, 500 results at a time to
> fulfill a 705-result request)
Not in 4.5, but will in 5. It requires PHP 5.4 (or a patched 5.3 with the
functions ldap_control_paged_result and ldap_control_paged_result_response)

> 2. How do you clear the LDAP cache manually? I've been testing it with
> different filters and different locations and there seems to be some odd
> lag between what I change and when it shows up.
Change the cache TTL in Settings → Admin → LDAP Advanced.
In future (probably >=4.5.2), the cache will be cleared on every Save in the
settings.

> 3. Does OwnCloud scale to a large LDAP environment at all? I saw
> something in one of the PHP files that indicated it was processing LDAP
> data 10 results at a time, or limiting to 10 results or something along
> those lines. I tried changing that without much effect.
What you have probably seen were arguments like $offset and $limit which can be
passed when for example users or groups are retrieved, but not all of them at
once (e.g. for pagination).
→ ownCloud is able to handle larger LDAP envs.

Cheers
Arthur