[Owncloud] Clearing the LDAP cache?

Benjamin Arntzen barntzen at digipen.edu
Thu Nov 1 19:09:17 UTC 2012

Hey there,

I'm trying to evaluate OwnCloud in a large-ish corporate environment,
and I'm running into issues where it only shows a small portion of our
users (around 1000-10,000 depending on which groups/users you wish to
show). I've been unable to find documentation related to using LDAP in
OwnCloud at scale, so I had a couple of questions:

1. Does OwnCloud use paged queries if your query's result exceeds the
server-side limit? (searching, for example, 500 results at a time to
fulfill a 705-result request)
2. How do you clear the LDAP cache manually? I've been testing it with
different filters and different locations and there seems to be some odd
lag between what I change and when it shows up.
3. Does OwnCloud scale to a large LDAP environment at all? I saw
something in one of the PHP files that indicated it was processing LDAP
data 10 results at a time, or limiting to 10 results or something along
those lines. I tried changing that without much effect.

Thanks,
~ Benjamin

--
Benjamin Arntzen