[Owncloud] Antwort: Re: OC4: LDAP, share dialogue

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri May 25 11:53:06 UTC 2012

Hi Sven,

> The problem is that I can see no other users at all in the dialogue. I
> am sure that my account is in a number of groups with other users, but I
> see none of them.
>
> Do they per chance have to be logged on before they will be selectable?

No. I don't know much about AD, but you have configured

Base Group Tree:<LDAP Base>
Group Filter: objectClass=group
Group-Member association: memberUid

The Base Group Tree must be fully qualified. In ldap (openldap) you can
have objectclass=posixgroup with the uid of a user specified as
"memberuid". Or you can have objectclass=groupofuniquenames with the dn
of a user specified as "uniquemember". The members must be readable by
the ldap admin dn, that you have configured as "name" and "password".

example:

objectclass: posixgroup
memberuid: xmuster
memberuid: ymuster

or

objectclass: groupofuniquenames
uniquemember: uid=xmuster,ou=people,dc=...
uniquemember: uid=ymuster,ou=people,dc=...

Dirk