[Owncloud] Sync with Zarafa?

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Thu May 24 08:54:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

besides the fact that I don't see a benefit in such a feature (from my point of view one back end for storing these data is enough),
this is highly specialized and complex functionality. Two-way sync can cause conflicting data - how should this be handled?
A GUI would be necessary for conflict resolution - where should that be?

(BTW: How is working on that gsync thing for syncing google data - how do you handle that? Is it one-way or two-way?)

Sorry, but I really see no benefit in such a feature.

I had all my contacts and calendar in a groupware solution (groupoffice) and now I have them all in my owncloud because I can have
them synced to any device via CalDAv and CardDAV.

Take care,

Thomas

Thomas Müller                 E-Mail: thomas.mueller at tmit.eu