[Owncloud] Desktop Client on Ubuntu 12.04: SSL connection problem

Holger Angenent h_zimm01 at uni-muenster.de
Wed May 9 13:11:21 UTC 2012

Am 09.05.2012 14:44, schrieb Klaas Freitag:
> On 09.05.2012 14:40, Holger Angenent wrote:
>
> Hi Holger,
>
> thanks for your help!
>>
>> is there a reason why (at least in the 32bit version) there is a
>> /usr/lib/csync-0/csync_owncloud.so, but no
>> /usr/lib/csync-0/csync_ownclouds.so in the libcsync-plugin-owncloud
>> package? I think this is the reason, why SSL is not working for me in
>> Ubuntu 12.04.
> No, the SSL connection is broken for another reason which we don't
> know yet.
>
> The ownclouds plugin is missing intentional, as  ssl is handled
> through the normal owncloud plugin, even though there is an error
> message about missing ownclouds module.
>
> You can try if you want and copy the owncloud-module to ownclouds (or
> create a link), I bet that wont change anything.
You are right, the error message about the missing module vanishes, but
the problem remains.

By the way, I noticed that on the server in the /var/lib/php5 directory
many small files named sess_... still exist from my investigations with
the non-SSL version (unfortunately they contain my password in plain
text). One time, I had to remove them by hand, because my hardrive went
out of free inodes, I think, and no further files could be written on
the system.

> regards,
>
> Klaas
Cheers,