[Owncloud] First tests on V4.0beta

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Tue May 8 13:18:53 UTC 2012

Alain,

thanks a lot for your effort!

Am Dienstag, dem 08.05.2012 um 15:10 schrieb Alain Bourgeois:
> Here are my first tests with a clean install on personal server WD Live and use of sqlite :
>
> General comment : seems much slower then prior version.
>
> Remarks and bugs (first impression)
> - music don't play anymore on background
> - photos : rescan doesn't work : photos and folder disappear and don’t reappear
> - contacts :
>     .'New Contact' considered as a real contact
>     . change name : not updated on the left list
> - calendar :
> Undefined index: eventid in .../apps/calendar/templates/share.dropdown.php in line 6,7,75
>
> Questions :
> - what is app ‘external storage support’ for ?
>
> Improvement :
> - in music : settings like in photos to allow choosing scaning root
>
> How would you like report on bug be done ?
> Separate mail by app ?
> At this stage buggenie doen’t seem very practical : one report per bug

Generally speaking:
one report for each bug, please.

This is necessary to track each bug individually, because more than one dev will take care and something might be fixed sooner others later.

We all know bug genie has room for improvement, maybe some of don't like it.

But this is at the moment the only tool we have - please use it.

Again thanks a lot for your effort - we need testers! ;-)

Take care,

Tom

PS: Please don't start a discussion on the bug tracker! THX
As Frank stated some days ago: We will talk about git (and maybe the bug tracker) after OC4
THX