[Owncloud] owncloud and hiawatha webserver

Thomas Jensch riepernet at fsfe.org
Sat Mar 31 13:15:39 UTC 2012

hiho,

thanks for looking into the issue.
Florian Jacob <fjacob at lavabit.com> [310312-11:41am]:
> ownCloud doesn't use the webserver's implementation of webdav, ownCloud has
> its own webdav implementation in php - exactly for the purpose to run on
> every webserver which hasn't webdav support or where you can't configure it
> (e.g. in a shared hosting environment). Is there anything in hawatha's
> error log when you try to access your ownCloud via webdav?
unfortunately not.
I have set up a test owncloud and followed the webdav instructions for dolphin
(running kde sc 4.8.1). there is a notification:
"You are about to log in to the site "example.net" with the username "foo",
but the website does not require authentication. This may be an attempt to
trick you."
Next Notification is: "Unable to connect to server.  Please check your settings
and try again."

Setting up manually "webdav://foo:bar@example.net/files/webdav.php", it just
tries to connect forever.

I have also tried with WIndows 7, via the owncloud documentation as well as on
cmd "net USE * http://example.org/files/webdav.php bar /USER:foo", but the
error-messages are almost as precise as dolphin's. Funny thing though 'net'
replies "network name not found / Netzwerkname nicht gefunden", but this is
the single thing which shows up in the hiawatha-access-logfile: "ip.address|
date:time|200|155||OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1|Connection: keep-alive|User-Agent:
Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7600|translate: f|Host: example.net"

kind regards

Thomas Jensch

--
Free Software. Free Society.