[Owncloud] WebDAV docs for OS X

Evert Pot evert at rooftopsolutions.nl
Thu Mar 8 17:58:40 UTC 2012

On Mar 8, 2012, at 6:52 PM, Jashan Chittesh wrote:

> This is kind of old - but I've been offline for a little while ...
>
> On Feb 10, 2012, at 17:29 , Evert Pot wrote:
>
>> Then the only thing you can do is to change clients.
>
> ... unfortunately, that is not an option for iPad/iPhone which seemingly runs into the same issue. I'm trying to use ownCloud as synchronization store for OmniFocus to replace mobile.me - and that fails due to the same issue ("0 byte files").
>
> Is there any way to get this running on fast_cgi or is there simply no way to get fast_cgi to talk properly to Apple WebDAV clients?

The problem is that the requests that are being made are encoded as 'chunked', and don't contain a Content-Length header.
PHP on FastCGI assumes that no Content-Length header implies 0 bytes, and just cuts off the request.

I'm not sure where this bug is exactly though, wether the fastcgi spec doesn't allow it or php-cgi not supporting it.

I did just find this (fairly new) bug:

https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=60826

You can help out by voting for this bug.

Evert