[Owncloud] Can't "git pull" anymore...

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 22:37:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

Recently I've tried several times to update my ownCloud instance via
Git, partly because I am still getting the bug where only part of my
calendars get synced onto my iOS 5 device.

However, when I tried the command "git pull" (which always worked), I
get something like this:

remote: Counting objects: 254, done.
Unpacking objects: 100% (98/98), done.
>From git://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud
   261fbdd..8362d88  ajax       -> origin/ajax
   d8cfe77..700a120  master     -> origin/master
Updating 40d343e..700a120
error: Your local changes to '.htaccess' would be overwritten by
merge.  Aborting.
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.

I don't remember making any changes to any .htaccess files. How should
I troubleshoot this? Thanks.