[Owncloud] WebDAV docs for OS X

Jashan Chittesh jashan at ramtiga.com
Thu Mar 8 17:52:45 UTC 2012

This is kind of old - but I've been offline for a little while ...

On Feb 10, 2012, at 17:29 , Evert Pot wrote:

> Then the only thing you can do is to change clients.

... unfortunately, that is not an option for iPad/iPhone which seemingly runs into the same issue. I'm trying to use ownCloud as synchronization store for OmniFocus to replace mobile.me - and that fails due to the same issue ("0 byte files").

Is there any way to get this running on fast_cgi or is there simply no way to get fast_cgi to talk properly to Apple WebDAV clients?

> Transmit is much, much better than webdavfs/finder, but not free.
> I've also seen people setup davfs2 on a separate server and forward it with smb.
>
> The os/x client is just incredibly bad.
>
> Sent from my bathtub
>
> On 10.02.2012, at 16:18, Thomas Schober <thomas.schober at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My provider is using fast_cgi. I unfortunately don't have any chance to change that.
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Evert Pot <evert at rooftopsolutions.nl> wrote:
>> Maybe my last email didn't come through. Finder will only work with apache and mod_php. Any other webserver or fastcgi system will fail. What are you using?
>>
>> Evert
>>
>> On 10.02.2012, at 15:54, Thomas Schober <thomas.schober at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No, it is not the locking problem. Apple changed something in handling for finder in a update (i found it somewhere in a forum, but i don't have the link any longer). I can make sure, that it is not locking (for me) and files have 0 bytes though.

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:21, Thomas Schober <thomas.schober at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> But finder has some problems on Lion, if you upload any file, it will end up with size of 0 bytes. That
>>>
>>> Really? Or is it just the old locking problem?
>>>
>>> I'm asking, because I also had problems with Finder that went away, after applying the patch that had been proposed here.
>>>
>>> Is that patch part of the just released version?
>>>
>>> Alexander
>>> --
>>> ↯    Lifestream (Twitter, Blog, …) ↣ http://alexs77.soup.io/>>> ↯ Chat (Jabber/Google Talk) ↣ a.skwar at gmail.com , AIM: alexws77  ↯

Und das, was uns am Ende befreit ...
... ist das Hören auf die Möglichkeit!

That, which in the end will set us free ...
... is listening, to endless possibility!

(Jashan, 2010-03-01)