[Owncloud] Sharing: Delete files of owner

Holger Angenent h_zimm01 at uni-muenster.de
Wed Mar 7 16:05:09 UTC 2012

Am 07.03.2012 16:56, schrieb Marcel Herrguth:
> Hey,
> Am 7.3.2012 16:48, schrieb Holger Angenent:
>> I would like to change the behavior of the files_sharing app. At the
>> moment, files deletes by non-owners will only be marked as non-shared in
>> the database and stay untouched in the owners folder. What I really
>> would like to have it, is the way Dropbox handles shared files, so that
>> everyone can delete files and they vanish in every users folder.
>
> Personally I wouldn't like that idea - at least not at some points.
> Let's have the case that somebody deletes an -to you- important file
> from shares. If, like you suggested, owncloud would delete them right
> away I wouldn't see this file again (if I'm unlucky). I'd rather find
> it better if the file gets unshared and the owner of the file will
> receive a message at the next logon asking if he wants the file to be
> gone.
>
> Or at least a configuration possibility to have both combinations for
> those who are annoyed of such messages. Something like "Never show
> this message again and delete files right away".
>
> Just my opinion.

Agreed. But in this case, I would not store -important- files in these
shared folders. But on the other hand, this would, for example, make a
file transfer easier, because the receiver can delete the files and the
sender knows that they are received.
I think this feature would also be quiet important for collaborations,
where more than a single user is responsible for organizing the data
shared along the group ( I try to setup owncloud in a university context).

Cheers,
Holger