[Owncloud] Sharing: Delete files of owner

Marcel Herrguth mherrguth at mrgeneration.de
Wed Mar 7 15:56:11 UTC 2012

Hey,
Am 7.3.2012 16:48, schrieb Holger Angenent:
> I would like to change the behavior of the files_sharing app. At the
> moment, files deletes by non-owners will only be marked as non-shared
> in
> the database and stay untouched in the owners folder. What I really
> would like to have it, is the way Dropbox handles shared files, so
> that
> everyone can delete files and they vanish in every users folder.

Personally I wouldn't like that idea - at least not at some points.
Let's have the case that somebody deletes an -to you- important file
from shares. If, like you suggested, owncloud would delete them right
away I wouldn't see this file again (if I'm unlucky). I'd rather find it
better if the file gets unshared and the owner of the file will receive
a message at the next logon asking if he wants the file to be gone.

Or at least a configuration possibility to have both combinations for
those who are annoyed of such messages. Something like "Never show this
message again and delete files right away".

Just my opinion.

--
www.mrgeneration.de - The home of Anime
Marcel Herrguth   Tel: 0176/65 92 44 85