[Owncloud] ownCloud Client 1.0.3 released

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Wed Jun 27 08:48:31 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 27 June 2012 00:35:13 Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> Hey Klaas, nice work!
>

> On starting up, I get a popup:
> »No server connection has been configured for this ownCloud client.
> Please right click on the ownCloud system tray icon and select
> Configure to connect this client to an ownCloud server.«
>
> Instead, the »Configure« popup should just be shown.
>
> In fact, the right-click menu should only have 2 options when not
> should also bring up the connect to your ownCloud dialog, as it
> already does now.
>

> (And a note about the secure connection: That should be default and
> not needed to be specified via starting the address via https://. It
> does not seem to work at all if I just type in »owncube.com« – which
> should be possible, and in which case the protocol should be
> auto-appended.)
> »web address« – I’m not sure about which is the better alternative,
> but both are better than »URL« for sure, which is not used or rarely
> understood by normal people.)
>

> Let me know what you think. I have some more feedback but that’s the
> biggest stuff for now.

I've two more IMHO important points:

	o don't start the sync automaticly after first connection configuration.
	  Give the user a chance to change the default sync setup:
       $HOME/ownCloud <-> remote: clientsync/.  Instead
	  [Edit] [Sync] buttons maybe?

	o After sync, in this case it was upload local->owncloud. The modificatin date
	  of the local files was changed to the date they were uploaded to own-
	  cloud.  IMHO the sync files should have the orig. date not the upload
	  date.

Kubuntu precise (12.04) on the desktop, kubuntu lucid (10.04) owncloud server

Nevertheless a great tool. Thx a lot.

Achim