[Owncloud] ownCloud Client 1.0.3 released

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Wed Jun 27 20:04:54 UTC 2012

On 27.06.2012 00:35, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
Hi,

> Hey Klaas, nice work!
Thanks! Good to also get positive feedback ;-)

> On starting up, I get a popup:
> »No server connection has been configured for this ownCloud client.
> Please right click on the ownCloud system tray icon and select
> Configure to connect this client to an ownCloud server.«
>
> Instead, the »Configure« popup should just be shown.
Yes, I had that in the beginning. But I changed that because I wanted to
put the user into the context of whats happening. With the current (not
optimal) configure dialog popping up without any hint it felt like very
surprising for the user. But yes, once we have a better config dialog
providing a bit more context, I all for that.

> In fact, the right-click menu should only have 2 options when not
> should also bring up the connect to your ownCloud dialog, as it
> already does now.
Yes, agreed.

> (And a note about the secure connection: That should be default and
> not needed to be specified via starting the address via https://. It
> does not seem to work at all if I just type in »owncube.com« – which
> should be possible, and in which case the protocol should be
> auto-appended.)
Absolutely. Would you mind creating bug reports for that?

> »web address« – I’m not sure about which is the better alternative,
> but both are better than »URL« for sure, which is not used or rarely
> understood by normal people.)
Ok, changed to:
"Enter the web address of your ownCloud server below."
"ownCloud-Link: ____________

> Let me know what you think. I have some more feedback but that’s the
> biggest stuff for now.
Thats good.

> (Are the mockups still guiding by the way?
I have still more core stuff to do unfortunately at the moment. I'll
contact you Cem again once I am at the setup thing again.

Thanks for your feedback :-)

Klaas