[Owncloud] Contributing

Nathan Anderson nanderson at sum-ware.com
Tue Jun 19 20:11:26 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I'm new to ownCoud and Git, and now that I've done some reading I want to make sure I understand the process of contributing. That way I can set up my development environment correctly.

* If I have a simple fix to an existing bug report - attach a patch to the ticket
* If I have a new bug report and a fix - Create the ticket and attach a patch

* If I'm creating a new feature:
- Create a local clone of "master" (or other branch being modified)
- Code the feature until it is complete and known bugs are resolved
- Make a new clone of "master" on Gitorious
- Push local code to the clone on Gitorious
- Request a merge from Gitorious clone to "master"

Does those processes sound correct?

Thanks,

Nathan