[Owncloud] Setting the Last Modified Date (Sync/Backup)

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Tue Jun 19 18:07:10 UTC 2012

On 19.06.2012 18:46, Rob Oakes wrote:
Hi Rob,

> Here is an example of the XML that I am submitting:
>
> PROPPATCH …
>

> <d:propertyupdate xmlns:d="DAV:">
>    <d:set>
>      <d:prop>
>        <lastmodified>1293180207</lastmodified>
>      </d:prop>
>    </d:set>
> </d:propertyupdate>

This is what I send (through cadaver, a webdav command line client):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:">
   <D:set>
     <D:prop>
        <lastmodified
xmlns="http://webdav.org/cadaver/custom-properties/">1293180217</lastmodified>
     </D:prop>
   </D:set>
</D:propertyupdate>

and that works.
Maybe its the namespace? I am not sure...
You also have to have the Authorization header, but that would cause
another return status.

And, in your response I see remote.php/webdav. You could also try to
post to /files/webdav.php, not sure if that makes a difference. It
shouldnt, but maybe thats the bug.

Do you try with ownCloud or with Vanilla Sabre DAV? I don't think the
functionality is in vanilla sabre. You should try ownCloud.

good luck,

Klaas