[Owncloud] recommended way to update 4.0 -> 4.0.2

santigua santigua1978 at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:32:36 UTC 2012

Hey Folks,

since I don't want to mess up my running OC4.0 instance, I was wondering, what is the recommended way to update it to 4.0.2.

Somewhere I read "just leave out the config and data folder", but I'm not sure if that's all I have to keep an eye on...

So, how is that to be done anyway?
Do I just download the tarball, extract the contents, remove the folders 'config' and 'data', and then just copy
the <OC4.0.2-Root> (without config an data folders) over the <OC4.0-Root> directory, and that's it?

Anyway, wasn't the an update mechanism mentioned a while back?

If there are instructions available, please point me to the right spot. :)
Thanks for any advice on this.

Greetz,
Santigua