[Owncloud] idea : Notification system

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Jun 15 07:15:13 UTC 2012

On 15.06.2012 03:26, Florian Hülsmann wrote:
> I still love the idea, so I'm adding this to the planned features list:
>
> * let users control which apps can actually send notifications to them
> (with block/ignore/allow/limit buttons)
> * let apps provide a relevance/importance level (like logging levels in
> OC_Log^^)
> * let apps provide notification classes, so the user can decide what
> kind of notifications of a specific app he/she wants to receive...
Agreed, this three features make a notification system useful. If users
do not have a chance to control notifications it is annoying and not
appreciated. And even if 'we' control which apps notify what I think its
not gonna to work satisfactory.
I made quite some experiences in this space while working on this:
  http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Hermes

> ...but as this is slowly becoming sorta overkill, I'm not sure anymore
> if notifications should be integrated in OC core / distribution. Any
> opinions?
Correct, to make it well it's a big project. I also doubt it should be
part of the core. But nevertheless it's important and a great addition :-)

regards,

Klaas