[Owncloud] idea : Notification system

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Fri Jun 15 08:38:05 UTC 2012

On 15.06.2012, at 03:26, Florian Hülsmann <fh at cbix.de> wrote:

> I still love the idea, so I'm adding this to the planned features list:

Hi Florian,

yes. This is definitely a cool idea and a nice feature.

> * let users control which apps can actually send notifications to them (with block/ignore/allow/limit buttons)
> * let apps provide a relevance/importance level (like logging levels in OC_Log^^)
> * let apps provide notification classes, so the user can decide what kind of notifications of a specific app he/she wants to receive...
>
> ...but as this is slowly becoming sorta overkill, I'm not sure anymore if notifications should be integrated in OC core / distribution. Any opinions?

Thats a good point. If it´s too complex from a code and also UX stand point then it might be clever to rethink this feature.
But it might also make sense to play with the idea and the concept in an independent app and then see if it can be merged into the core later.
Your decision :-)

Frank