[Owncloud] Sharing Bug

Björn Schießle schiessle at owncloud.com
Tue Jul 17 07:36:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:37:59 +0400 Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> As we catch you :)
> 1) I see that "deleting files" is still not implemented in 4.0.4 for
> shared folders & files, even if the "versioning" is enabled, right?
> We need this for collaboratively working on a project, and people
> sometimes need to delete files inside folders that are shared to them
> under their responsibility and which are not necessary anymore.

There is some ongoing work on the whole sharing API and the
permission system . Once this is finished it should be possible to
allow users to delete shared files. As far as I know this is planed for
OC5.

> 2) Any possibility to change ownership of a shared document? (ie when
> a project is finished, I want to change its owner to "archive_user"
> so that the original owner can remove it from his view & storage
> space.

No this is not possible.

Generally I would recommend to open a bug/wishlist in our bug
tracker[1]. This helps us to keep track of feature requests and bugs
and makes it easy for you to keep track of the progress and add
additional information.

[1] bugs.owncloud.org

cheers,
Björn