[Owncloud] Sharing Bug

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:37:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Björn Schießle <schiessle at owncloud.com>wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:56:36 +0100 Richard Burns wrote:
> > Hi, has anyone encountered a bug with sharing?
>
> On Friday I fixed a bug regarding sharing in stable4. But I'm not sure
> if it's related to your problem.
>
> Any way, for a working sharing app you either need the latest stable4
> version from git or wait a few more days until OC 4.0.5 will be
> released during this week.
>
> > I've noticed that when i create a new user and log in as that user
> > there is no shared folder. I created one manually but that users name
> > doesn't so can't share with that user.
>
> I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. If a user can't share with
> another user it's most likely that both users are not in the same
> group, please check this. Regarding the shared directory. It is OK if
> it is not there by default, it should be created automatically once
> someone shares a file with the user.

Dear Bjorn,

As we catch you :)
1) I see that "deleting files" is still not implemented in 4.0.4 for shared
folders & files, even if the "versioning" is enabled, right?  We need this
for collaboratively working on a project, and people sometimes need to
delete files inside folders that are shared to them under their
responsibility and which are not necessary anymore.

Any workaround except sharing the same user account or asking the owner to
delete?

2) Any possibility to change ownership of a shared document? (ie when a
project is finished, I want to change its owner to "archive_user" so that
the original owner can remove it from his view & storage space.

--
Emre