[Owncloud] Sharing Bug

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 11:41:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Björn Schießle <schiessle at owncloud.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:37:59 +0400 Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> > As we catch you :)
> > 1) I see that "deleting files" is still not implemented in 4.0.4 for
> > shared folders & files, even if the "versioning" is enabled, right?
> > We need this for collaboratively working on a project, and people
> > sometimes need to delete files inside folders that are shared to them
> > under their responsibility and which are not necessary anymore.
>
> There is some ongoing work on the whole sharing API and the
> permission system . Once this is finished it should be possible to
> allow users to delete shared files. As far as I know this is planed for
> OC5.

Thank you, looking forward to test it.

> > 2) Any possibility to change ownership of a shared document? (ie when
> > a project is finished, I want to change its owner to "archive_user"
> > so that the original owner can remove it from his view & storage
> > space.
>
> No this is not possible.

OK I see, thanks a lot. I will open a feature request for it.  This is a
feature we see in the "Novell iFolder" sync application, pretty good for
teams working on limited duration projects and then pass to another.

As a workaround, when delete feature hopefully arrives with OC5, we can
then use the proxy "archive_user" to create the project, then share it with
the team, then team works on it and then removes it from their context when
the project is finished. (projects are actually proposals in my context).

Emre