[Owncloud] Sharing Bug

Björn Schießle schiessle at owncloud.com
Mon Jul 16 10:02:19 UTC 2012

Hi Richard,

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:56:36 +0100 Richard Burns wrote:
> Hi, has anyone encountered a bug with sharing?

On Friday I fixed a bug regarding sharing in stable4. But I'm not sure
if it's related to your problem.

Any way, for a working sharing app you either need the latest stable4
version from git or wait a few more days until OC 4.0.5 will be
released during this week.

> I've noticed that when i create a new user and log in as that user
> there is no shared folder. I created one manually but that users name
> doesn't so can't share with that user.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. If a user can't share with
another user it's most likely that both users are not in the same
group, please check this. Regarding the shared directory. It is OK if
it is not there by default, it should be created automatically once
someone shares a file with the user.

cheers,
Björn

--