[Owncloud] pdfviewer problems

Dirk Kastens dkastens at uos.de
Thu Jan 19 10:15:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have two problems regarding pdf files. I have installed the latest
development version of owncloud on Scientific Linux 6.1.

The first problem is, that the pdfviewer only works with Firefox 9.0.1
on Ubuntu. With Google Chrome 16 on Windows 7 it produces unreadable
garbage (see pdf1.png). Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 and Safari
5.1.2 on MaxOSX Lion doesn't work at all. Is there something that has to
be configured in pdfviewer?

The second problem is, that one pdf file (MySQL Referenz.pdf), that I
uploaded, is not being recognized as pdf, but as a text file, instead
(see pdf2.png).

Any ideas?

Dirk