[Owncloud] Upload UI and message application

Shaika-Dzari shaikadzari at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:25:03 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm deploying ownCloud on my server as a sharing platform for me, my
friends and family.

I want to know if you're planning some changes in upload UI.
Something I really don't like is that I must stay in the page waiting
for the upload to complete.
Opening upload UI in a popup or a new tab to allow uploading and
browsing owncloud at the same time could be very useful.

I'm a web developer and maybe I could contribute and help to add this
feature. But I'm asking before getting the code to be
sure this is not something you're already working on it.

Another useful feature for us would be a message application. All
connected user could add a message visible to everyone.
A quick draft :
http://4nakama.net/images/capture/owncloud-message.png

Regards.