[Owncloud] bookmark sync

Jarry R javier.rotelli at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 17:54:31 UTC 2012

so
you say we make our own implementation of the storage service(its API). i
think i can handle that.
then if the user provides a key, we sync with bookmarks app.
acording to the docs here[0] " A key bundle consists of a 256 bit symmetric
encryption key and a 256 bit HMAC key"

[0]http://docs.services.mozilla.com/sync/overview.html

2012/2/11 Jakob Sack <mail at jakobsack.de>

> Hi,
>
> I proposed this to Priyanka as a GSoC project.
> How could this work? Well, first we have the storage. This is simply an
implementation of the server specs written down at [1]. Not very creative
but it is easy to measure the success of the project.
> The second part is the usage of the data. IMHO only the bookmarks are
interesting. As Robin said, the data is encrypted, but if I'm not mistaken
the encryption is using a symmetric-key algorithm and the key is known by
the user! So we provide an option for the user saying "if you provide the
key you could use the bookmarks in owncloud". I think that's fine for both
people who just want to sync their data and for those who want to _use_
their data.