[Owncloud] bookmark sync

Jakob Sack mail at jakobsack.de
Sat Feb 11 12:13:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

I proposed this to Priyanka as a GSoC project.
How could this work? Well, first we have the storage. This is simply an
implementation of the server specs written down at [1]. Not very
creative but it is easy to measure the success of the project.
The second part is the usage of the data. IMHO only the bookmarks are
interesting. As Robin said, the data is encrypted, but if I'm not
mistaken the encryption is using a symmetric-key algorithm and the key
is known by the user! So we provide an option for the user saying "if
you provide the key you could use the bookmarks in owncloud". I think
that's fine for both people who just want to sync their data and for
those who want to _use_ their data.
Regards,

Jakob

[1] http://docs.services.mozilla.com/storage/