[Owncloud] using PhoneGap for ownCloud mobile

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 00:26:31 UTC 2012

Someone who knows better should speak up here, but from what I
understand it's more than pure html/javascript:
again, I have never used it, but it looks like with PhoneGap you also
have API to access sensors, filesystem, etc ... of the device.

Yes, besides the fact that we would keep everything open source, the
biggest advantage is that we wouldn't need to learn anything new to
help our fellows who are developing the mobile apps. In fact, this
project could merge with the mobile-navigation branch that jan is
going to start.

And perhaps it's just far foreseeing, but apps for platforms such as
Firefox OS and BB10 will be mostly based on html/js as well.

Alessandro