[Owncloud] Possible to extend OwnCloud to sync Zotero databases?

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:43:24 UTC 2012

Hi Felix,

I started to use Zotero again and I was wondering if you made any
progress on its integration with ownCloud.
After having a look at the code of zotero/dataserver on github, it
seems to me that molding that code into an ownCloud app is going to be
very hard.
It reminds me of when I started to write the feed aggregator. The
first idea was to try molding Lilina's code (http://getlilina.org/)
into an oC app, but then it turned out that writing something from
scratch was going to be easy and so I did.
What do you think? Would it be easy to write an owncloud app that does
the same thing?
I don't know the status of the readers in owncloud, but it's even
possible that something very similar already exists.

On the client-side, maybe a plugin for firefox is an overkill and the
web-interface of an owncloud app would be enough.

Alessandro (zimba12)

P.S.: sorry to the list for reviving a very old topic :)