[Owncloud] External (git) code repositories

Bart Visscher bartv at thisnet.nl
Fri Dec 7 19:13:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:32:27PM +0100, eMerzh wrote:
> I'm not a git expert but we also have the possibility to use git sub trees
> ( it have the advantage of the git tool like submodules and it doesn't
> require an extra command unlike the submodule) ...
>
> aside from that, does every projects use git or have a composer file ?
> because it can push us to use one or another technique ..

Most of the projects that use composer also use git for the repository.
The git subtree command looks interesting, but is not available in all
distribution and on all platforms.

It is now possible to test composer and/or submodules by using the composer-and-submodules branch in the 3rdparty repository.

Regards,
Bart