[Owncloud] CSS: use px, not em

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Wed Dec 5 08:54:40 UTC 2012

Hello...

On Wednesday 05 December 2012 01:09:17 Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> Just a short public service announcement concerning everyone who writes CSS
> in ownCloud:
>
> Please only use px as values, no em anymore.

Though I agree that this might make a few adjustments easier right now we
should not ignore the reasons why some values are are noted as flexible
measurements.

Fact is that users use dofferent font sizes. Various reasons for that, one
important is a barrier-free usage, simply 'exotic' display resolutions, or, as
in my case, very good eyes.
Whilst a reduction on absolute measurements does not exactly break usage in
such cases it certainly makes the user experience a very ugly one. That is not
what ownCloud wants...

Maybe you could explain a little more detailed why you suggest such rule?

Thanks,
Christian Reiner (arkascha)
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ]