[Owncloud] Updater - to extensive backup

Jan Brenner jan at brennerpack.de
Tue Dec 4 10:48:14 UTC 2012

Hello,

I tried to uses the update last week but experienced a strange behavior. During the backup step the updater tries to backup the whole ownCloud directory with some execptions (for example the data and backup folder).

Due to the fact, that I had a backup of my data directory in another folder like data_2012xxxx, the updater tried to generate a copy of that folder (60GB). That freezed ownCloud and my apache at all. The update never completed.
I supposed its not needed to backup every folder, it should focus on relevant folders like, config, apps, etc.

Best Jan