[Owncloud] Updater breaks installation

Christopher Kunz chrislist at de-punkt.de
Tue Dec 4 10:02:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just tried updating via the updater app from 4.5.2 to 4.5.4. That
update broke the installation in two ways:
a) The database was recreated after the updater had completed -
prompting me with a "finish installation" screen upon reload
b) (Forced?) Introduction of password salts to config/config.php made
the old accounts inaccessible.
I copied my backup of owncloud.db back into data/, commented out the
password_salt config entry, and can now access my OC instance again.

How can this happen? This is not really the kind of "seamless upgrade
experience" I'd expect from a web-based updater...

Regards,

--ck