[Owncloud] Coding Guidelines ported

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Sat Dec 1 23:54:05 UTC 2012

On Sunday 02 December 2012 00:31:55 Bernhard Posselt wrote:
> The new documentation is going to replace the existing one, thats why we
> duplicate information.

A redirect (or at least a note) to the new/'real' from the other/'old'
documentation would avoid confusion.

> About the tabs: Its hard to say: lets do 80 characters. How much
> characters is a tab? 1? or 8 like in the default setting?
> If a tab was 1 character wide, someone with a different setting might
> find himself exceeding the length (btw: this is my main argument against
> tabs, but people use tabs so we have to adjust. Personally i use 4
> spaces for indention in my private projects)

I couldn't agree more and therefor I (and checkstyle/codesniffer :-P) use 4
spaces for indentation too.
OTOH, the coding guideline explicitly says to use tabs and it looks like a very
deliberate choice.