[Owncloud] Coding Guidelines ported

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Sat Dec 1 23:19:23 UTC 2012

On Saturday 01 December 2012 19:08:40 Bernhard Posselt wrote:
> I've been working on the documentation lately and ported the old
> guidelines to the new system. I've also added a part about JS.

Awesome.
Nitpick: in the first code block in the JavaScript section a small spelling
error: "across multpile files" -> "across multiple files"

(yeah yeah, still learning git (see my other mail), PR will come)

> The page is available here:
> http://doc.owncloud.com/server/5.0/developer_manual/codingguidelines.html

I saw you applied/made those changes in github.com/owncloud/documentation,
great!
But there's another relevant URL, namely http://owncloud.org/dev/coding-style-
guide/

Having multiple URLs for the same/similar documentation is confusing and
(currently?) they're not in sync.
Don't know a/the solution, but it's sth to keep an eye on and/or avoid.

Question (could well be my own ignorance):
Why define a tab as 4 spaces?
I thought the whole idea behind using tabs was so everyone can use their own
preferred tab-width?

Cheers,
  Diederik