[Owncloud] ownCloud Mailing List for developers

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Wed Aug 29 12:43:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

> On Wednesday 29 August 2012 14:05:45 Bernhard Posselt wrote:
> Well I dont know, dont we have to answer to both mailing lists? For
> instance when users request or ask something about your app?

I second that.
Certainly on first look it is great to have less traffic on a specific list.

However already now many questions on the mailing list are not replied to at
all. Since ownCloud does not have someone in a position like a community
manager or something I would expect that problem to increase. Most developers
would communicate only over the dev list. So even less people would care to
check the other list. This would be a very bad sign to users and people being
interested. It signals: go away, you annoy us.
ownCloud claims to be a project for a community and based on a community.
In my eyes this means ownCloud has to take care of managing that community.

Just my two cents...
Christian Reiner

--
arkascha