[Owncloud] ownCloud Client 1.0.4 Release

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:40:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Steve Riley <steve at rileyz.net> wrote:

> On 2012-08-12 15:52:07 Emre Erenoglu <erenoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, the inotify effort for unison (repeat watch, still  buggy in my
> > practice) works on both sides. So the unison running locally uses inotify
> > for local files and propagates to remove if it detects a change, while
> the
> > unison running on the server does the same with inotify, for remote
> files.
>
> I have set up a simple test using Unison on a server and Unison with
> "-repeat
> watch" on two laptops. When I add something to the monitored directory on
> laptop A, Unison picks it up and sends it to the server; in turn, the
> server
> sends it to the laptop B. Deletions also propagate.
>
> Admittedly, I haven't given this a rigorous test, but it appears to work
> fine
> now. I'm pulled trunk from their Subversion repository to build; I think it
> was 503.
>
> What bugs have you encountered with "-repeat watch"?

This is a bit off topic for owncloud list, so I will not respond again
after this mail to the list, but you can send directly to my personal
address and we can continue to discuss.

My findings were like below, running on Windows, last test on June
10th/2012,

1) while repeat watch is running, If you delete a folder that contains
files in it, unison deletes the files, but do not delete the folder on the
other side. Somehow, it forgets that it also has to delete the folder.

For folders which do not contain any file inside, it works perfectly.

2) When a file is open for editing (but not saved yet) on the remote side,
if this file is deleted from local side, the repeat watch deletes the file
also from remote side.  If the file is now saved again by the remote side,
then it does not re-appear (re-sync) back to the local side.
--
Emre