[Owncloud] DLNA Support in ownCloud

Sunil Khiatani skhiatani at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 10:23:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

Can you please add DLNA support in ownCloud 3.  I think it will be
ownCloud's killer feature.

DLNA is a clunky protocol but imagine this scenario.  Putting all the music
and images on OwnCloud and letting users browse and play all images online.
 In the home where ownCloud is hosted, a TV that has DLNA support can
playback the pictures and music on the TV.  HiFis that have DLNA support can
play music easily.  Devices that are hooked up to TV such as Boxee boxes, or
WD Live can do this too.

If possible can you store online feed sources such as youtube, picasa web,
facebook photos so that the photos can be streamed to the TV.

I use coherence UPnP to make this possible at the moment, and its a killer
feature for me.

Sunil