[Owncloud] use existing LDAP directory? Also: logfile and desktop sync client

sven.ehret at comdok.de sven.ehret at comdok.de
Thu Oct 13 13:57:29 UTC 2011

Hallo Owncloud people,

would using Owncloud be possible to use an existing SAMBA-LDAP directory?

I entered the LDAP settings as far as I can tell them (I did not quite
comprehend the “use %uid placeholder” part), but no users are showing up
in the user manager.

Should they?

When this works, would it be possible for users to use their SAMBA
passwords?

Other questions that I have are:

Does Owncload write a logfile apart from the apache log?
What is the status of the desktop sync client?

Thank you for donating your energy to this promising project! Perhaps
somebody can answer one or two of my questions.

Best regards

Sven Ehret