[Owncloud] Hoping to contribute as part of University degree

Robin Appelman icewind1991 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:32:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

The best project for ownCloud I can think of at the moment is rdf
integration into ownCloud
That would allow for tagging files and adding metadata to files,
contacts, music, etc.
But also things like linking a contact to an event or file.

I think rdf could be used for a lot of usefull things in ownCloud, but
implementing it properly will take a lot of time,
so it seems like a good project.

 - Robin Appelman

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 14:46, Craig Roberts <craig0990 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a final year Open Source Computing student at Aberystwyth; we're
> required to do a major project of ~400 hours work between next week
> and April 2012. I was hoping to contribute to ownCloud, the only
> constraint being it needs to be enough work for 6 months.
>
> I'm capable in PHP, HTML, CSS and related areas but I've never
> contributed to an OSS project. What would be a suitable area to
> contribute to and how would I go about it?
>
> Thanks,
> -- Craig

- Robin Appelman