[Owncloud] ownCloud2 release planning

Florian Jacob fjacob at lavabit.com
Mon Oct 3 21:30:08 UTC 2011

Hello ownCloud team,

as many of you already know as I'm bugging them about what they're working on,
and wether it will be ready for ownCloud 2, I'm writing the release
announcement at the moment.
You can see it evolve at http://owncloud.titanpad.com/announcement .

But as I also move to another city for university this week, my time is more
limited. Aaron Reichman & Arthur Schiwon (as you did similar things before),
or anybody else, could you help me a lillte, e.g. by providing screenshots for
the features listed? Thank you. :)

> make sure you release on a Tuesday, those are the best days for a
> release of anything :D
I think Jos definitely knows what he's talking about, so I postponed the
release a little to tuesday, October 11th.

> add a few 'juicy' quotes (make something up and
> attribute to Frank or so)
Well, Frank, I think you're actually the man for giving juicy, stunning & a
lillte crazy quotes (I think I read some before ;) ), so maybe you could
actually provide me with something from you? e.g. About your foundation ideas
& thoughts behind ownCloud, or about how the project developed?

Additionally, I think we should have a last meeting before the release next
weekend, to coordinate the release and to organize the last round of bug
squashing before finally do for what we worked on six long months:
release ownCloud 2.

(Or in other words, I'm not sure about the agenda, but I think there is a need
for having most of the main team members in the channel at once to discuss
what still _has_ to be done before the release. Correct me if I'm wrong)

Doodle schedule for the meeting at http://www.doodle.com/r58m8mc4ahzhffpw#table
(UTC times, so add +2 hours for Central European Summer Time).

Refering to Jan's mail:
> Florian, you write a lot and communicate with others – would you like to
> take care of the social accounts overall?
Oh, I'd like to. I just found out how well it feels to be able to redirect
questions on irc to the right person, and know who to ask about what. :)

But I can't handle this alone currently, especially as next week is my
university introduction week, so will have just tiny amounts of time for
ownCloud, and as I won't have cable internet at my new flat until the beginning
of november. Anybody else there to support me, or maybe you can keep up your
work a little longer, Jan?

Cheers,
Florian