[Owncloud] Re: RE : OwnCloud Android API

Michael Gapczynski gapczynskim at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 03:34:55 UTC 2011

I was also interested in ownCloud on Android. I was planning on writing a
proposal for GSoC for creating an Android application that would work with
ownCloud. It seems that this is also your goal with writing an API.

I'd like to work on this with you if that is alright. I already have a few
ideas and experience with Android applications.

On Mar 7, 2011 8:57 AM, "Anthony Simonigh" <Anthony.Simonigh at polestar.eu>
wrote:

> Thanks for your fast answer. It seems to be the best solution and i will
try theses solutions now. I'll notice you via the mailing list about my
advance.

> Anthony
> De : Frank Karlitschek [karlitschek at kde.org]
> Date d'envoi : lundi 7 mars 2011 13:39
> À : Anthony Simonigh
> Cc : owncloud List
> Objet : Re: OwnCloud Android API
>
> Hi Anthony,
>
> I´ve put the owncloud mailinglist on CC. I hope this is O.K.
>
> I think this is a good idea. A native Android API would be a good thing.
>
> I would avoid to implement an additional Server API for Android if
possible. This just makes ownCloud more complex.
> It should be possible to access the existing ownCloud API (WebDAV and OCS)
from your java library without a problem.
> It´s just http and REST and there are Java libraries to do this.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers
> Frank
>

> On 07.03.2011, at 12:35, Anthony Simonigh wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use owncloud and my own server, and i would to built an Android API
(Java) which does operations on owncloud (logging users, creating folders
and sendings files).
> > So i want to know if you suppose that it's possible to use owncloud
without "bigs" modifications on server side ?