[Owncloud] Re: Help for the website, again

Damien Tardy-Panis damientardypanis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 23:58:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sunday 12 June 2011 11:19:26 Kuimpje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm just curious....i receive every day a few mails about creating a
> website and such projects.
> Why is nobody putting some effort in resolving bugs? Wouldn't that
> deserve some more attention?

Well, personnally I do think that the website deserves at least as much as
attention as the project itself. Because currently there is no proper website!
And this is really important for the project to be well presented. We must
take care of our image.

> I have submitted a bug a few weeks ago and didn't even get a notice
> that somebody is working on it...

Don't worry!
I also reported few bugs for other free software projects and it always took
some time before having someone to really look into it (the bugs were not
critical nor severe).
So please keep submitting bug reports, it is really helpful if they are well
explained.

> Of course, i appreciate that people are contributing their skills to
> get this project alive. But shouldn't
> somebody fix the important things too?
>
> Cheers,
> Dado

I agree with you. I also think that fixing bugs should be a priority (btw this
is one strong point in the agile way of working).
But don't worry, people do care about the project, so your bug reports will be
checked one day. Soon maybe.
It was not lost time for you ;-)

Cheers,
Damien