[Owncloud] Re: Vision

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Sun Jun 12 09:23:57 UTC 2011

My point is that a mission statement is not a feature list.
We shouldn´t add every single feature we support today or tomorrow to this statement. Because we would end up with a huge texts and limit our thinking to this points.
Remember the old KDE website? We had exactly the same problem here because people keep on adding feature description to this paragraph for 10 years and  we end up with a mess that no one is reading.

For me a mission statement is a brief paragraph with our goals like: Give the user control of their data again, As easy as possible to setup and run, Completely Free Software, Cross platform, ..

Stuff like cool sharing features, cool media player, versioning, addons, are featues to make the mission statement happen. They should go into a feature paragraph

Cheers
Frank