D10974: Add option to ignore print margins

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 25 14:15:49 UTC 2018

aacid added a comment.

  In D10974#268014 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10974#268014>, @ngraham wrote:

  > If we use a checkbox, the string I would recommend is "Scale down to fit within printable area".

  I don't like the wording "printable area" because it's not clear what it means.

  What does "printable area" mean for you? It's the area that your printer can actually print on (i.e. page minus hardware margins) or it is the area defined by the margins on the print configuration dialog?

  For me "printable area" means the first, but what we're doing is the second, which sometimes happen to match the first value, but the user can change them (to bigger not to smaller).

  That's why i think it makes much more sense to use the word margins, which is something the user has seen on the UI and can relate to.

  > if the document actually does fit within the printable area due to its own margins

  That's **very difficult** to know.